Hobby Model Expo 2023

Berichte, Termine von Gruppen die auch gerne neue Gesichter kennenlernen.
Sichtbar auch für Gäste!

Moderator: Sylvester Schmidt

Forumsregeln
Sichtbar auch für Gäste !
Antworten
ubiminor
Modellbahn: N (1:160)
Danksagung erhalten: 82 Mal
Hobby Model Expo 2023

Beitrag von ubiminor »

The Hobby Model Expo, is the largest fair in Italy for what regards model trains.
It was held on 22-24 September in Novegro (Milano). I had the opportunity to exhibit some of my FS models.
At the FS Foundation pavilion, the FIMF (Italian federation of model railways enthusiasts) had organized two exhibition stands, with models of FS locomotives in all scales, only made by hobbyists (no professionals).
The Z scale was represented by my models.
In the allocated space of 40 cm x 80 cm I had placed around fifty locomotives and railcars (wagons and coaches were not requested)
Photo Visentin
Photo Visentin
As the pavilion was FS, I was unable to show the many other models of Italian and foreign railways.
Photo scalaenne
Photo scalaenne
It was an opportunity to show what exists in Z scale, and it allowed me to have contacts with potential Italian Zetties which I hope will be fruitful.
At the inauguration of the pavilion, the FS Foundation CEO was mesmerized by my models and wanted to have a couple of them in his hand. He could not believe they were working models and I had to disassemble one to show him the motor plant...

Yes, Z scale in Italy is considered an oddity and it is very inconspicuous.
In terms of manufacturers in Z, only Märklin (8 models in a vitrine) and Zetna (FS and DB box cars + FS D141) were present.
Only a couple of shops sold Z items from Märklin
There was no layout in Z scale.
Looking at the bright side: there are huge margins for improvement.
Ciao
G.
mdvholland
Modellbahn: nur Z (1:220)
Danksagung erhalten: 65 Mal

Re: Hobby Model Expo 2023

Beitrag von mdvholland »

GianFranco, you have amassed an amazing collection! Hopefully, more Italians will get interested in Z scaling.

Matt
Antworten